Monday, September 27, 2010

Hampton Court and Shakespeare's Globe


Me in front of St. Paul's last night (27 Sept) on the way home from the globe!


Today was a busy day! I went on 2 trips, to see Hampton Court with my English Country Houses and Palaces class, and to see the Merry Wives of Windsor at the Globe! Both were very impressive, but I liked the Globe best!

Hampton court was owned by Henry VIII's assitant Walsey, but then Walsey got too powerful so Henry took it over. A lot of the furniture has been removed, but many paintings and tapestries still remain!

The play was sooo good! It was really entertaining and it had live music as well! I really enjoyed it! All of the old reniaissance instruments were very impressive. Since Becky, Jill and I left straight from Hampton Court to go to the Globe, we were a little early, so we got to be some of the very FIRST people to enter the theatre!! I got to stand in the VERY FRONT CENTER of the stage!!! I got to lean on the stage! It was sooo awesome. :)



Got an e-mail from my Aunt today too, talking about Selfridge's. I'm going to have to check out that store, apparently it has some amazing shoes! Good to know, boots are very popular here, so I'll have to take a peak! I have noticed that everyone seems to be carrying the yellow bags everywhere. Guess it's time to investigate!

Later this week I am visiting the National Bank of England and going to tour Winchester Castle. Saturday I am also going on an all day trip to Bath. I'l be able to explore the Roman Baths and will have some free time to explore the town. :) Should be fun!

Hope you enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Name that tune: da da dah, da da dah, da da da da da da da - da da da da da da da - dut dah!
    :)

    ReplyDelete