Sunday, September 5, 2010

Regent's Park, Champaign and Jack the Ripper Walk

Lake in Regent's Park (where I live):


The Queen is our land lady because I live in a royal park. The park is gated and the college campus is located within the park. The park closes at around 8pm, so we have to enter through a special portion of the park in order to get to the campus when we return at night. I live in the inner circle of the park. The outer circle of the park, which is over run by runners, is around 3 miles long.

My wonderful mother sent me champagne and flowers as a welcome gift! I had to use a waterbottle and some Styrofoam as a make-shift vase, but here's a picture!





On the second day in London, Friday night, some friends and I went on a Jack the Ripper walk. It was in East London, which is a part of town you apparently normally avoid at dusk/evenings, but since we were in a large group it was fine. The tour was lead by a lady, and was fairly interesting but was not as scary as I had imagined. The tour began at the Tower of London where Queens were held before they were beheaded. Unfortunately, we did not have time to tour the Tower first, but I did manage to snap a few pictures of it.






East London, Jack the Ripper Tour: (buildings date from 1880s)

No comments:

Post a Comment