Friday, December 10, 2010

Visitors! / Christmas Party

My (first and only) visitors arrive today! Etana and her "Dutch sister" Mira arrive today from Amsterdam. They are staying in my room. This afternoon I am bringing them to Abbey Road, Big Ben, Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, then Covent Garden. Should be a busy day! All of that is in the same area though, minus Abbey Road.

I was just looking at a map this morning to see where Abbey Road is, and it's only 1 tube stop north of where I am! This whole time I pictured it off somewhere in the distance -- like the suburbs -- but nope! Ha, so i'll have to go there today. Etana will definitely want to go there because I know she is a big Beatles Fan.

Last night was a Christmas party! It was so fun. It was in hono(u)r of Christmas & our North Londoner Jewish friend Natasha Lipman. It was her 22nd birthday. She said for her birthday she wanted a Christmas party because she's never had one! It was really nice. We all dressed up and brought food and wine. We took lots of pictures too.

Natasha & her cake!

Natasha cried because she is sad that we won't all be here next semester. She said that although she teases us, we really aren't annoying Americans! It was so sweet that she cried. We were all kind of sad too, because London Fall 2010 is already coming to an end. I can't believe it! I only have 9 days left. Oh well, for me this will not be the end. I am determined to come back. It will just be good-bye for now. That's how I plan to look at it. But stay tuned, this shall not be my last post! I have too many fun things planned for this last week!

Sheila & I

Back Row: Me, Liz, Jackie, Sheila, Eliza
Front Row: Natasha, Jenna, Jill, Becky
Jackie, Me and Sheila

Take care! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment