Thursday, December 16, 2010

Icebar London & High Tea in Covent Garden

This last week has been a ton of fun as we have spent the entire time enjoying London. I went to see Phantom of the Opera on Tuesday night and absolutely loved it. The choreography, stage design and singing were all so impressive!

The Phantom Stage before it started

Then yesterday I went to ICEBAR LONDON which is a bar made completely out of ice. You enter for 40 minutes and have to wear a poncho (which they give you) because it is so cold inside! Our glasses were even made out of ice! It was so cool! (No pun intended, haha I'm a Harris.)

Me inside the Icebar with my drink!

The bar

Then today I went to high tea at a hotel right outside of Covent Garden. We sipped tea and enjoyed small sandwiches, scones and mince pies. (I didn't eat any mince pies though.) I really enjoyed high tea because it basically is just relaxing and talking with friends. The eight of us just sat and relaxed and talked about our favorite thing we did in London and our favorite trips from the semester. It was a really nice way to end the semester!

Me at high tea

Yummy goodies!

Me at high tea again

Then after I wandered around Covent Garden which was sooo cute! I had only been there at night, and never seen the market area of it before. People literally set up booths to sell jewelry, pictures, hats, scarfs, vases, food, you name it under this giant dome in the main square area which keeps everything dry. It looks a lot like Fanuel Hall actually!


The covered market in Covent Garden

Covent Garden



Covent Garden

Hope you enjoy my pictures! Tomorrow I am off to see Abbey Road and the Nutcracker! So excited to see a ballet! Take care! xxxx

The tube! "Mind the Gap please! Mind the gap!"

Regent's Street at night. All lit up Narnia style for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment