Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Stay adventurous.

I am not a fan of winter. Humans don't have fur, so clearly we are not meant to live in freezing cold conditions. We weren't designed to. I'm going to remember this logic and move back to London when I'm older. Yes, London. I love it too much, it's worth it. damnit. Looks like I'm suffering for awhile longer...

As a result of the cold weather, (and stuffy air since windows are closed,) everyone here is getting sinus infections/colds. I thought I was going to escape the trend, but I started getting symptoms today and they're progressing quickly. I took a 4 hour nap today, but I still feel all sinus headache-y. How bloody brilliant.

Also, my cold has come just in time for finals! Ha, typical. Tomorrow I have my history of London final, and then I have the weekend off. (Well I have to write 2 papers.) My friend Etana is visiting me in London with the daughter of her Dutch "Mom" though! So that will be nice. Her Dutch family is the family she was assigned to when she moved to Amsterdam. Her Dutch mother bought Etana a plane ticket to London as Christmas present, so they are staying with me!

Unfortunately, I won't be around Saturday so Etana and her friend will have to show themselves around the city. Instead, I will be taking a day trip to Leads Castle, Dover Cliffs and Canterbury with Becky! I'm really excited to see other parts of England. Besides London, I've only really seen Bath and Oxford. Everywhere else I've only seen from the inside of a train.

After my history exam tomorrow I am doing some last-minute Christmas shopping. Then tomorrow night I am attending a Christmas party! My friend Sebastian, who is part German, part Belgian, grew up in Switzerland then moved to England, (he goes by "European") is hosting the party at his apartment! A bunch of us are going and bringing desserts and hor d'oeuvres. I'm pretty sure Eliza even ordered a chocolate cake, yum! I'm bringing Ben's Cookies, 'cause they're simply the best! (Plus I wouldn't be caught dead bringing something HEALTHY, ick!) haha

So then next week I have 2 finals on Monday and a paper due, then Tuesday I have a paper due and 1 more final (Shakespeare). Then I'm done at Regent's College forever! Weird! This semester FLEW by. I feel like I just arrived!

Next week my friends and I are all trying to squeeze in as many last-minute things as possible. Here's a list of things we'd like to do: Phantom of the Opera, High Tea, Fondue, Indian Food, go to the Absolut Ice Bar (they give you coats to wear because it's freezing), return to the Ministry of Sound (club), and who knows what else! I'd personally like to go back and stand next to Big Ben one more time. :)

Sorry this isn't the most exciting post ever... even world travellers like myself need a day off, haha. ;)

Take care everyone! Stay warm if you live in New England! Stay cool if you live in Qatar! :)

And stay adventurous too... it's fun and you learn a lot!

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you that Big Ben is what is on your list!!!! You are soooo my daughter. I love you and miss you, Mom

    ReplyDelete