Thursday, October 7, 2010

It's the Weekend!


Hello!

Today is a BEAUTIFUL sunny day in London! The weather is a comfortable 65F and the sun is shining! Yay!!!

View from outside one of my windows today.. that's the lake in the background!

Monday night I went on a field trip to the Young Vic theatre and saw the play Faust. I hateeeedddd ittt! It was so weird. It was done by an Icelandic Company and they were acrobats so the story was mostly told through movement. Being an English major, I was looking for plot and words, and it was more of a visual experience. I didn't mind the visual, and actually enjoyed it a lot, but as for plot and meaning I was stumped. Oh -- and for plays here -- the normal thing to do is arrive early and either have a few drinks with friends at the bar first or get dinner either at the theatre (most have resturants attached) or nearby. Here's a picture of Becky and I with a glass of white wine before the play. (This was taken only moments before Jason accidently knocked Becky's wine onto the floor and one of the workers had to clean it up! haha)

Here's a link to an article about the Faust Play I saw: www.ft.com/cms/s/2/670f5780-cfce-11df-bb9e-00144feab49a.html

Then today I went on a field trip to the Foundling Museum and learned about all of the poor babies who were abandoned by their mothers because they could not afford to feed them. :( So sad! But then I learned that George Frideric Handel performed the MESSIAH at the Foundling Museum to raise money for the charity! It went so well that for the next couple years he'd preferm the Messiah all the time!

... It's a little later now...

So I just found out that I need to wear waterproof track-like pants for Wales tomorrow! Jill, this girl Haley, and I just ran to a sports goods store nearby and bought some! They're so hideous! haha oh well. I also got a body bag (the kind that sling across your body) to wear on the horse so I can have my arms free but be able to carry my money and camera! I also have to wear my rainboots too apparently because if it rains at all I hear we can get pretty muddy! eww! haha should be an interesting weekend!

From what I've heard, we're staying in a really nice 4 star hotel in the countryside of wales! Friday night we meet our horses and learn how to tie them up and deal with the reins and stuff. Then Saturday we explore ALL DAY! Through the mountains and on beaches as well! Then Saturday night they are bringing us into town, so we'll be able to go out and meet locals that night.

Then Sunday we can either ride some more or explore the town!

Sounds so fun! I'm so excited! :) I'm going to put on my pony-trekking outfit now and post a picture! I look so ridiculous!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment