Sunday, October 3, 2010

In (a) Bath


Yesterday I went to Bath, England! It is such a beautiful area of the country. I really enjoyed it because I was able to finally hear real British accents! It was so fun. I found this small hole in the wall breakfast/lunch place where we ate lunch. I ordered like a breakfast sandwhich which was sooo good, but different! They didn't have a wheat option, so it was white bread with this canadian thick bacon, a fried egg, and DELICIOUS shaved cheddar cheese. IT WAS SO GOOD!


Me checking out the menu at the restaurant in Bath!

We also toured Roman Baths which were very impressive. I wish that the museum hadn't built on top of the remains though, because I feel like that took away from it. It was distracting. But the Bath itself was very cool because I did not realize that it exists because it is essentially just a hot, natural gyser. The Romans thought that the hot spring was created by the Gods, but now adays we obviously realize otherwise!



I touched the water too, and it actually was very warm!


After the Baths we just explored the city. I stumbled upon the Jane Austen museum and obviously had to go inside and take a picture with her!

Jane and I, best friends 4 lyfe

Hope you enjoyed my pictures!

2 comments: