Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving in Britain!

For Thanksgiving this year I went to the St. Paul's Thanksgiving Mass for the American Community in London with Jill and Jason. We skipped one of our classes to go, but it was definitely worth it. The Ambassador for the United States and his wife were there and they read a very nice speech that Obama wrote for all Americans abroad. I really enjoyed the ceremony, especially as we all sang America the Beautiful together. It was very moving.

Then for dinner UNH sponsored a dinner for all of its students here at Regent's College. We all got dressed up and many of us brought desserts. Mom sent me a pumpkin pie (which was delicious!) so I brought that to the dinner. It was nothing compared to what Mom normally makes, but I still enjoyed eating with everyone as a group. I felt homesick for the first time while being here! I missed America! Here are a few pictures from the day!


The Turkey we had. The big piece is white turkey. The other 2 are dark meat with stuffing in the middle.

Jason, Jill and I

The ribbon and note from the pie Mom sent me!

L to R: Austin, me, Jill, Jason

1 comment: