Thursday, November 11, 2010

Harry Potter 7 Premiere!

This blog post is dedicated to my mom and sister Heidi
The past two days are a blur! Wednesday afternoon I took a nap, then had dinner, then stayed up all night creating a poster for the Harry Potter Deathly Hallows premiere here in London with my roommate Jackie. We stayed up all night creating our masterpiece. I'm so glad we put so much effort into it too -- because the cameras loved it and we ended up being on the live stream in PICADILLY CIRCUS and on YOUTUBE!!!!!

We arrived in Leicester Sq (the movie was showing at Odeon Theatre) at 5 in the morning. Of course it was freezing cold and raining. Jackie and I queued and sat on the freezing cold ground for 3 and a half hours. We huddled under my umbrella for warmth as we waited eagerly for coffee shops to open and for the sun to rise and share its heat.
5 am in the London rain and cold on the streets = not fun. We earned those signatures!

FINALLYYY around 9 am, the line started moving and we got these red stamps on our wrists (after battling some pushing and shoving) which allowed us to come and go from the square freely. We were assigned a pen (which was on the opposite side from where the stars entered) and we could move around in it wherever we wanted.

Jackie and I, completely exhausted, decided that we would leave for a few hours. So we went back to Regent's (a 10 min tube ride) and slept from 10-2. We were back in the square by 2:30 and it had cleared out because some people had given up on the weather.

At first it seemed as if the stars weren't going to come near us, so even more people left. But we waited and stayed until the end and then nearly ALL of them walked by! First I got JK Rowling's autograph. Jackie wanted one too, so I ran back to JK and got another one for Jackie as well! Then I also got the autographs of Tom Felton (Draco), Jason Isaac (Lucius Malfoy), Freddie Stroma (Cormac McLaggen), Oliver Phelp's (George Weasley) and Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) too! It was a successful day!

Here are some pictures from the day! Hope you like them! :)
I took this picture! It looks like it's from a magazine but it's on my camera!
Got her Autograph!!!
George Harris (Kingsley Shaklebolt)
Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy)
Tom Felton again -- Got his Autograph!
Emma Watson (Hermione)
Bonne (Ginny Weasley) being interviewed

both Oliver Phelps (George Weasley) -- Got his Autograph!
The Phelps twins being interviewed!
Arthur Weasley being interviewed!
(Dean Thomas)

both Daniel Radcliffe (Harry) being interviewed!
Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley)
Rupert signing autographs across from us
Bonnie being interviewed
more Emma Watson signings
Emma being interviewed

both Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy) -- Got his Autograph!
Tonks
Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) -- Got her Autograph!

3 comments:

  1. You are so sweet - dedicating this to Heidi and me. You did it all yourself sweetheart! You studied, you worked, you read (good thing!!!) and you are having the time of your life. We are very proud of you, and that you are using your time wisely (standing in queu :)), and soaking up tons of culture and travel. There is never enough time or fun!!! - when you have earned it - and you have! Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, this is Heidi, just under Mom's account. I am sooo very glad you had an awesome time and was able to go to this! I mean you've been in love with this series since you were like 9. Yay! I'm sooo happy for you! It must've been awesome, I wish I was there with you. But, I'm happier that you went and got to see everyone!

    p.s. thanks for the dedication!

    Love you,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys were right in front of me in the queu, so I'm actually in two of your photos, and dad's in another one from later on (probably looking for me as Jo was there, and I had moved to another spot.... fml, thought I was going to die when he told me).

    I'm glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete